Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Whoa!


I never really update this, but I'll give it a shot!
I can be honest at the moment and say that I have been a little stressed lately, but overall, this semester has not been as bad I as intended it to be. I am currently taking six classes: English Literature: American Dreams and Nightmares, Two-Dimensional Design, Art History, Pyschology, Math for the Liberal Arts, and Three-Dimensional Design. Out of all the classes, 2D has proven to be the most time-consuming and difficult. Somehow, I am managing my time well with all the commuting and classes, so I study enough and get all my homework done without pulling any all-nighters. :)
So, the main source of my stress is due to the fact that I am currently unemployed. I used to work at my father's UPS Store for some easy cash and to help him out with the new business. I have also always yearned to strengthen our relationship because we have never really been that close. Well, he pretty much told me to find a new job. I was basically fired by my own father. He told me that I wasn't taking the business seriously and that I wasn't doing a good enough job. First of all, my father is a pure-bred Middle Eastern man, so nothing impresses him and his is narrow-minded and irrational. Now I am mature enough to admitt I did not take the store too seriously. I treated it like I have treated any other job. He told me I didn't appreciate anything and that he didn't need me anymore because I make too many mistakes. They happened, but nothing bad as ever resulted from them. So, I am jobless. Home has been awkward. I may be poor for a while.
So, art art art! This month has been arty though, and in an excellent way. Some good news, I was the winner of the Mead Fivestar Notebook Cover Design contest this year! It was a national contest to design a cover for a Fivestar Notebook, and I actually won! My winning design can be seen here: www.beafivestarartist.com I won $5,000 and my notebook will come out sometime in 2010. This is probably the most exciting thing that has ever happened to me. :) I also donated some of my old works to a Silent Art Auction in my town to raise money for some Art Scholarships. All my pieces were bought and raised the most money!
Bedtime.