Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Hey, are you a new student?"

So I have been inspired by my friend Sara to transform my boring blog into a fashion blog. :) Her lovely blog is here: http://swingthedayaway.blogspot.com/ So check her out!

So my Spring Break has started! Although it's not really much of a break, considering that I am finishing up my field observation at Hamden Middle School. I am intern there and I work in 7th and 8th grade art classes. I LOVE working with these kids...it's actually kinda sad that my last day is on Friday! :( What's funny is that a lot of the kids thought that I was a NEW STUDENT the first day I came! Haha! Apparently I look like I'm 14...oh well.

So in honor of this GORGEOUS weather, I have taken a majority of my pictures outside. I wore this outfit for my field observation today:




And here's one with my (fake) glasses!





And introducing...my Kindle! I just thought it would go nicely with the outfit, haha!


Cardigan: Macy's

Dress: American Eagle

Shoes: American Eagle by Payless

Glasses: Claire's

Belt: Forever 21



So I must say one thing: I absoulutely LOVE waist belts...they can pretty much transform ANY outfit, and of course they show off your waist very nicely. ;)


I have had the blue and white striped cardigan for yearrsss. It is definately a must in my wardrobe. I can dress it up or down very easily, and it's super comfy.


The American Eagle dress I bought at a retail sale in my town...for $10! I don't wear it often because I'm a little iffy about the length...(I'm not fond of dresses that end at the knees or lower; I have short legs!)...but considering I wanted to look artsy and professional today, I didn't want to wear anything too short. It's a PERFECT summer dress, though.


I wear the black shoes WAY too much. They're basically flats with the tiniest little heel! They go with anything. I love to wear them with skinnies most of the time. I also threw on some silver jewelry today...a silver chain necklace also from Macy's, and (not real) pearl earrings from Charlotte Russe.

So basically my life has been pretty swell. School is becoming hectic because I have SO MUCH to do for my Education class. I also miss my boyfriend...he's in Boston. :( Boo hoo!

Anyways, I won't blab away. I'm off to the gym, and maybe I'll draw a little bit later... :)



1 comment:

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

You're adorable and gorgeous. And thank you for the shout out! <3333